Saturday, February 9, 2013

Our Garden (With No Help from Me!)

Just felt like taking some photos out in the garden today.  As many of you know, housing (and outdoor living spaces) are one of the big variables in Foreign Service life.  We are so lucky here in Mexico to have a great home and a small yard and garden.  We are incredibly grateful.  I am so excited that I have some calla lilies coming in!  These were a gift from our good friend, April, who luckily has a ton in her back yard and gave me some. I also had the gardener plant my poinsettias from the holidays in the backyard to see how they would do.  Hope you enjoy the photos...and full disclosure, I have a complete brown thumb so don't think this beauty has anything to do with my hard work!  I'm trying desperately right now to grow (and not to kill!) a whole bunch of herbs so I'll let you know how it goes...


Thinking of those in the Northeastern United States dealing with this big storm this weekend.  Sending you warm thoughts and prayers for safety and for your electricity to be restored.



Row of Calla Lilies...
only one blooming in this row...
In bloom...


Closeup of the other blooming Calla Lily (on the other side
of the garden)
Poinsettias







The Pug is certainly enjoying his garden...