Friday, September 14, 2012

Thanksgiving in September

I realize it might seem a little early to start thinking about Thanksgiving........but let's anyway!

Our whole family is coming into town for Mr. C's baptism the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so it's going to be a full house this year and I have to be ready!  My sister and I have already started talking about it...Should we brine the turkey? What sides will we have? Wine? Who's making dessert?  So many decisions!

So let me know what's going on in your brain as you get ready for Thanksgiving.  What is your favorite way to prepare turkey?  Where are you going to buy your turkey?  (This is particularly important for those of you who live in Mexico City to answer for me, since I'm new and have no idea!)  What are your family's favorite sides? What other traditions to you have?  We can also look at this from the "Foreign Service" perspective, since we so often are living in countries where Thanksgiving is just another Thursday to everyone around us.  Have any good stories about foreign Thanksgivings?

More to come on the decisions I make for our Thanksgiving dinner this year...I'm thinking it's gonna be spectacular.......

1 comment:

  1. I just got a great tip from my Spanish teacher at the Embassy on where to get great gourmet foods in Mexico City, including turkeys! It's called the "Mercado de San Juan".

    Here's the info:
    It's located on "Ernesto Pugibet", between José María Marroquí y Luis Moya, four blocks from Eje Central Lázaro Cárdenas.

    Maps:
    http://goo.gl/maps/MMTdM
    http://goo.gl/maps/UgVCT

    Supposedly it's every day...let me know if you go, and I'll write a blog post about it once I get to visit!

    ReplyDelete